Thursday, June 2, 2011

Spring Art Outdoors

After a few 90 degree days, the breezes were welcome therapy for our crew. We do a lot outdoors. Today I was flying' by the seat of my pants on this. After a picnic under our Cherry Blossom tree, they rode bikes a bit and then this idea struck me. I retrieved the box of sidewalk chalk and explained. 1 divide space mentally into fourths. 2 each child facing a rotated direction so that they couldn't see their neighbor's drawings. 3 Draw something soft then we rotated. Repeat with scratchy, hairy and slimy (or whatever you prefer--you could even do a theme) . 4 They are adding to previous artists' work without compromising it. Hopefully it will turn out to be a sort of mural ;)
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear what you have to say!