Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tuesdays




I discovered I'm a Tuesday kind of girl. I've always been a Monday girl. I love, love the freshness of a new week. It's the perfect day to start. To start everything. Fresh. New. A whole week ahead just waiting for Monday to plan it all out and make it happen. The whole week rides on the Mondays. Or they did. My calendar (a fresh, new on in January, no less) , school, exercise re-starts, diets, good habits, bad habits, new ventures, even my relationship with God. But today, God met me fresh and new on a …….Tuesday. I'm always trying to get myself together in order to put my foot out into the waters of something new. Don't get me wrong, God is not new to me. I've been saved a whole lotta years. Not all of them held evidence that I was saved, but I am thankful for the Grace that covers that. So, today is Tuesday. God was there when I hit snooze on the alarm. He opened my eyes first thing to the idea that Tuesdays are just as important as Mondays. He convinced me that I could begin Bible study anew with my children on a –Tuesday. I could start reading aloud to my children at bedtime on a Tuesday. Yes, Mondays have the "new car feel" to them. But Tuesdays require His mercy to cover what we flopped at when our best laid Monday totally flops. The momentum and energy of Monday is flushed out by the exasperation of another hum-drum week of feeling like nothing gets accomplished. These are the days that we have to call out to Him for patience, rely on His mercy to cover our heart-attitude, plead that the Blood cover the frustration and pride that showed up just as soon as the rest of the crew got up and busy and my own plan is shoved to the side. Yes, Tuesday, we realize the week is no longer ours to hold, to plan, to keep. We have to give it back to Him. We hold our fallen Monday in the palm of our hand and offer it back to Him, a pitiful offering, at best. Our finely crafted plans for the week lay in the dust and rubble of our pride. But, take heart, Tuesdays can be the most triumphant day of the week, by far!! They are victorious! It is on Tuesday that our burdens are no longer our own. We don't have to hope and have faith in our own plans and wonder if it's enough to make it happen. On Tuesday, it is sure to happen. It's guaranteed. Tuesdays carry the pride of being able to walk upright, with the confidence that He's got your back (or your week). There's no appointment that He's too busy to see you through. The schedule, well, He made it and He gave you the job, too. He wrote the handbook to your children AND your spouse. There's a good reason God made Tuesdays—and He's good enough to offer them to us.
I hope that you find yourself having a Tuesdayonce in a while!

I linked this post with Courtney over at Women Living Well

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear what you have to say!