Monday, July 26, 2010

Life After Homeschooling


there life after homeschooling? What will I do with all that free time? Whom will I then nurture? What will my husband want to do with some extra time?

You know the saying, ' the days are long but the years are short.' It's soo true. Some days, it seems like I will never, ever, ever get through the ABC's with some of my children. In the same day, I am amazed at the complexity of other children's lessons. And I know that very soon, like tomorrow, I will look back and wonder where all the littles that ran around here went. Is there something I can do to prepare for that? Where is my heart? What am I called to do at that point in life?

I'm writing this blog to remind myself what it's like to be where I am now. So that when I am in the "older women" category (Titus 2), I can see through the eyes of the ones coming behind me. I want to be the lady who calls up a mom of little ones to give her a few hours to run her errands while her little ones are well loved on by someone who will care for and pray over them. Someday, I hope I get the chance to allow a younger wife to spill her heart regarding the difficult times in the early years of marriage and be there to let her know that we all had to start somewhere and His Grace will get her through and pray with her. When my years of homeschooling are done, I want to be the one encouraging others in their journey and maybe even lead them.


Yes, I want to have time for myself and for more sewing and more time to go out with my husband. And I'll have plenty of time for those things. But I really want to continue to give and to nurture the younger women coming up behind me, whose path I have also traveled. I don't want to get into "retirement mode" so much that I cannot follow Biblical mandates. Titus 2 does not give us an option on this. I think it's kinda like God's mentorship program, but without the fancy title. It is the command for Biblical womanhood. My heart is to continue giving to those whom I can bless, in whatever stage of life I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear what you have to say!