Monday, February 3, 2014

Friendly Winter Harvest : Scallions / Green Onions


We have a fabulous neighbor who does far-and-away more gardening and farming adventures that we do.  And the season comes when these little gifts begin showing up on my porch.  I love them!  I love the smiles they come with, too!

Today it is scallions, I guess.  We call them "little green onions" but I suppose they have a technical name. Love these!  And, they regrow themselves, I'm told.  My husband eats them as a side with any beans I might serve.  I chop them  and sautee' in just about anything. 

As you enter our home today, the aroma is all about the entryway. And I can't stand smelling like onions just because I cook with them.  But today, it's okay.  It is near 80 degrees and it's February!  It's giving us the tease that spring is here and I'm feeling like getting in the garden  and that makes it OK to smell onions as my "home fragrance" today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear what you have to say!