Monday, January 16, 2012

Family Meeting on Friday

Over the last few weeks of doing our regular unit study, my older children have expressed a desire for more independant work.  So this week I threw them for a loop and worked out a whole new setup for our learning.  I put our unit study to the side and assigned them reading on various subjects.  Some of the reading was from free links on the internet, some from books downloaded to Kindle, and some from some resources that we already own.  I did my own spur-of-the-moment -let's-go-CM-alltheway event.  It turned out fairly nicely, I must say:)  And on Friday, we did a family meeting where each child presented several things that they studied, read, or learned during this week.  Narration has always been a side item here, but I think I am going to put it center stage for a while.  I noticed that a few of my students need a little more help and practice...and they will surely get it!
       One of the things my older two children shared was their guitar lesson this week.  They each played several little songs that they learned using the beginning chords that they have been taught.  No, I am not a guitar teacher.  I don't even play it and my children don't take professional lessons.  My sister, father-in-law and whomever else along the way who knows something has showed them a few chords to get started.  Then, Dana asked for a lesson book for Christmas.  And she got it!! It also includes DVD and CD that goes through each lesson.  She is sharing it with her brother and they are helping each other.  They never ask me if they're doing it right...they can just listen to the CD to find that out. 

P.S. I think the fuzzy leopard slippers give this gig just the right touch, don't you?? ;)


 
Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear what you have to say!