Monday, March 15, 2010

Burnin' Up the Budget


I don't know about you, but this time of year has me in hard-core planning mode for next school year.  Tax season brings the warmest of smiles to my face.  Unfortunately,  this is due to the fact that I am going to soon be writing huge checks to book suppliers, curriculum companies, and hoping that I can hang onto enough change to swipe the card a few times for other supplies in the fall as well.

I endlessly browse large discount suppliers, pour over curriculum review sites, search for blogs with comments on prospective materials and  click around at mom-and-pop publishers, hoping to give them a lift.  Finally, the "perfect" item crosses my path and I shout (silently) "Sold!"   This is perfect.  I have found IT.  THE item I have been  desperately looking for......until my next click.  And so the cycle continues.  I am sure that just a few short years ago, parents must have only had 20 items from which to choose and it must have been much easier.  The comparisons and debating with myself drive me crazy!  And, each year the budget looks strikingly similar to the year before. 

So, how much does it cost you to homeschool each child in your family? Inquiring minds want to know.




image fromfreeimages

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear what you have to say!